Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Watch Out Bettie Page! - {PIN-UP} Photo Shoot for Business Brand // Living The Dream (Vol. 3)


A {Pin-Up} has the perfect combination
of CLASSY and SEXY mixed together.
It's the best kind of HOTNESS;
a signature cocncoction, if you ask me!

I've always been fascinated by vintage pin-ups! Since I was a teenager and a young artist I found myself sketching and painting classic images of women like Marilyn Monroe. My decor and fashion sense have always been inspired by vintage themes. When the skinny jean and legging look hit the runway it was just like having the 50's cigarette pant back on the radar. Since this theme and look are a big part of my personality, I thought it would be ideal to develop my business brand around the same retro, vintage style!

{A Little Business History} My business was formerly known as the "SODAPOPSHOP" because I was a muralist for a couple of years and specialized in themed rooms for nurseries and kid spaces. I wanted a fun theme for my business because I had more fun with branding and marketing that way. That is how the name "The FizzyArtist" was created. Mostly because http://www.fizzyartist.com/ was an available domain for my website. My business tagline was: "I add the FIZZ, you get REFRESHED!"

The last two years, my business has been solely dedicated to my line of custom glassware and I have wanted to create a fun new look for the FizzyArtist brand. I found a local photographer, Traci Palmer through a friend of mine and hired her to do a fun pin-up-inspired photo shoot to use the images for marketing purposes. 
To prepare for the photo shoot I put three fun outfits together with my own wardrobe ... shoes and all! Yes, that's how much I love the pin up look. I did, though, go out and purchase a cute coral flower pin for my hair. I decided to get my hair done professionally for an affordable price at my regular salon. This took a load of pressure off of me! I met my stylist, Lindsay Mathison that day and we hit it off! She did an outstanding job and really polished off my entire look.
 
Here are some of the fun 
images that Traci captured
during the photo shoot!

Floral and Heart Peasant Top - Forever21
$19.99
Denim Jeggings with Gold Zipper - H (and) M
$19.99
Striped Pin-up Heels - Forever21
$29.99
Red Vintage Blouse
by topdrawervintage

Gold Vintage Mesh Belt
by thevintagemistress
 
::BONUS FASHION TIPS::
Seven simple ways to add a pin-up
look to your wardrobe this Spring!
Finds from etsy.com

Romper it up! Anything sailor-esque will
give you an instant Bettie Page look!
Vintage 80's Romper by NodtoModvintage
$26
 Sexy Open-toe or Platform
Heels will NEVER fail!
Leather Peep Toe Heels by DigVintage
$36
The Trench Coat is a signature
staple for looking seductively CLASSY!
Trench Coat Peachy Pink by TigerVintage
$40
Wear Leopard or Zebra loose or belted
for a roaring bombshell look!
Safari In The City Blouse by sukisukivintage
$21.00
{The Classic Pin-up Formula}
Statement Belt + Cinched Waist
= Curvy Pin-up Knockout!
Hickory Leaves Belt by TheLadyCarl
$10
A cute, 50s-inspired blouse with
a small print is simply sweet!
Vintage Navy Polka Dot Blouse by vintagecarliss
$14.50 (What a steal!)
 Add a Vintage Pin Up Flair to your wedding
with a romantic flower hair pin!
Deep Red Rose Hair Clip by BellaDivaCouture
$12.75
Thank you Traci and Lindsay for
making this pin-up photo shoot
such a success!



3 comments:

NodtoMod Vintage said...

fabulous blog! thank you so much for featuring my little romper!!:) xo

Carliss said...

Love your blog! Thank you so much for including my vintage blouse!

Unknown said...

Love the 50's pin up look. Your glassware are awesome! Great article!

DO YOU LIKE THE FIZZ? SHARE IT!

Popular Fizzy Posts

TwinCities Live TV Interview