Friday, February 18, 2011

{CUSTOMIZE} Your Dream Wedding With ETSY - An Interview With a Fizzy Bride // Wedding Day Prep (Vol. 5)


QUESTION: What makes a beautiful damask
printed and imperial purple designed
wedding more personalized and unique?

ANSWER: Find as many custom, ETSY,
one-of-a-kind items as possible!
Sean and Candice - 6.19.10
In the first year of painting my custom glassware there was a BOOM of orders that came in the fall for upcoming weddings. One of my first large Bridal Party orders was a purchase made by Candice, a bride-to-be from Illinois. A couple of months after the purchase this Fizzy Bride realized that we had gone to high school together! Yup, we both graduated in the class of 2000 from a high school in Rockford, IL. What a small world. This made working on her custom glasses even more exciting and enjoyable.
Now, a year later, I asked my old friend Candice to answer a couple of questions about her Fizzy Experience. On top of having some of the most beautiful photos from her wedding on Facebook, I also found that I was one of MANY Etsy shops that she and her groom utilized for their
custom dream wedding!

All of the beautiful "WEDDING DAY" photography was perfectly
captured by AE Photography located in Lindwood, IL
Check out their blog too!



How did you hear about Etsy.com? I think it was a random search when I was looking for a personalized item a few years ago. I can’t remember the exact way, but once I found it, I was addicted!

How did you find out about my products on ETSY? An Etsy search. I was looking for bridal party gifts and came across your custom glassware.

What is it about my products that made you decide to purchase? They looked SO unique and fun! I loved the idea of having personalized gifts that could be used after the wedding too, and I especially like doing something different. No one had seen anything like this and it was one of the main details people commented on at the rehearsal dinner where we gave the gifts!


How/why did you decide what products to buy?  It was hard to decide since I liked all of the options. We decided to go with the Bridal Party design: wine glasses for all the women and beer pint glasses for all the men. We ended up with a huge order, as we had a wedding party of 12 total, including us, plus 2 junior groomsmen, and we bought for our parents as well to add to their gifts. I also got the bride and groom champagne flutes for the wedding toast. I love having those to keep and display in our home after the wedding day. (20 glasses total)

What was it like to receive your Fizzy Glassware? As far as receiving the glassware package in the mail -- can you say 'excited much?' I had to open and unwrap everything immediately! I took pictures on my phone to sent them to my fiancé just because I had to show someone.

What was it like to gift your Fizzy Glassware to your Bridal Party? How did the members in the party react? I am always super impatient with giving gifts, and this was definitely hard to keep a secret! Both my fiancé and I were excited to give the gifts and everyone loved them! As a side note, we gifted the glasses to all ages, from 7 to 55 and they were just as well-received from all ages, so this is really a gift anyone would love.

Would you purchase from my shop again? Yes, in fact I already have. I ordered 2 Christmas gifts -- one lips wine glass and one mustache glass. I almost didn’t want to give them away because I wanted one for myself!

Did you add other Etsy finds into your wedding experience? Oh my, YES! What didn’t I get from Etsy? Lots of inspiration too, but here is a list of some of the Etsy purchases that found their way into my wedding. I really bought as much as I could from Etsy to help support handmade and to help make my traditional wedding a little more “us.”


The largest purchase from Etsy was my felt button
 flower order of bouquets/boutonnieres/corsages.
- by reallybadkitty

One of the most important things was a family
union necklace that my new hubby gave my son
during our ceremony. In marrying me, he takes my 
son into his family. - by CharOuellette



Cufflinks, for the men of the bridal party,
were purchased from various sellers.
Mostly from nostalgiclinks
and littleangelsjewelry

My veil - by abusymother

Damask table squares for the reception - by DarlingDamask

My wedding day jewelry - by livelovebead


Hair flower clips for the girls and myself - by silverpencils

Feather guest book pen  - by creations4brides

Other accessory gifts for bridal party gifts
- by pookafan, dillybaby, TagsOnBags


Purse for myself and my flower girl - by ocstylescreations

Place cards, table numbers by my2cheeks and
programs by mybluetulipdesign

Custom cake topper (Etsy Seller Unknown)

Desserts for rehearsal dinner and as part of
thank yous for the wedding shower by hitsthespot


Plus a ton more, really, but those are the main things!

How was the overall wedding day? A blur! It sounds cliché but it was one of the best days of my life =)

Do you have any more overall comments? I think this is already long, so not really, just that I love what you (the FizzyArtist) do and I hope your business continues to grow!

Thank you Candice for a wonderful
interview and for showing us how
beautiful your customized and
"ETSY-FIED" wedding day turned out!


No comments:

DO YOU LIKE THE FIZZ? SHARE IT!

Popular Fizzy Posts

TwinCities Live TV Interview